Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year's Resolutions

How's 2014 treating you so far?  It's only just started, but I imagine resolutions will have been made and broken already.

I'm guessing for those who woke up on New Year's Day with a hangover, your resolution was probably not to drink again.

I'm again guessing for some smokers it will be to try to resist the lure of nicotine.

There will also be the usual pledges to lose weight, swear less, be a better person etc.

Mine wasn't as noble as any of these though.

My New Year's resolution was to join Twitter. 

I know this was something I said I wouldn't do, but I felt I was missing out and thought I should give it a try.

I mentioned this at home in late December.

I was met with the usual responses I've come to expect from my technophobic husband - 'Is that the one where people say they've had a cup of coffee and been to the loo?'- and my (Mum, you're so embarrassing) daughter 'Mum, you can't do that, you don't know what you're doing!'

So, what did I do?  I joined there and then, thus starting my resolution about two weeks early.

Daughter's right in a way, because I don't really know what I'm doing, but I read other people's Tweets, comment on them if appropriate, and send a few of my own if I feel like it.

And husband's wrong, as I haven't seen anyone talk about what hot beverages they've recently consumed or if they've had a comfort break - but maybe I'm just following the wrong (or right) people.

If, like me, you'd like to try Twitter but don't know where to start, I found a very good guide on AgeUK's website - www.ageuk.org.uk/work-and-learning/technology-and-internet/learn-about-technology/resources-to-make-the-most-of-the-internet/join-twitter

I also read the following blog about improving your Tweets from a local sales and marketing consultant, www.terryforsey.com/blog/terrys-tips-for-tweet-success

If you'd like to follow me on Twitter, you can find me @HelenBachNhants


No comments:

Post a Comment