Thursday 28 November 2013

Sam Bailey's got The X Factor!

Much to my husband's dismay, I love watching The X Factor on Saturday night.

In fact, I've watched it since it started ten years ago, and now my daughter is a huge fan too.

If hubby had his way, we'd be watching Grand Designs on loop, but luckily, he doesn't, so our Saturday evening is Strictly, followed by The X Factor live shows.

This series has been the best in a long time, with Sharon Osbourne regaining her place as Queen Judge. 

Mrs O knows what she's talking about, and amazingly looks younger now than she did when she was on the show a few years ago.

She's got a good chance of her act winning this year too - what a fantastic way to mark her return to the show.

I should add at this point that my daughter and I are both huge fans of Sam Bailey, who I think is vocally superior to the others taking part.

We're both hoping that Sam will win the competition this year - she seems a very pleasant, ordinary lady, blessed with an absolutely amazing voice. 

How has she not had a career in singing before now?  Yes, I know she was on cruise ships many moons ago, but surely she's recording artiste material, or Las Vegas-show bound?

Each time she sings I genuinely get goose-bumps.  Her performances of 'My Heart Will Go On' and 'Bleeding Love' were brilliant.

It also makes me wonder though, how many other people are out there who, for one reason or another, didn't get the chance to pursue a career in music?

But for shows like The X Factor, would they continue to be undiscovered, working in their jobs, singing just to themselves or their children?

There's probably an army of undiscovered talent in this country, in all sorts of fields.  Actors, dancers, artists, writers - all quietly getting on with their lives, having never had their fifteen minutes of fame.

Sadly, this could be Sam's last chance at a career in the music business - let's face it, the charts aren't kind to the over 30s (more's the pity).

So here's hoping that she does go on to win, or at least get a record deal out of it, because I think she deserves some recognition.

But winning, on The X Factor at least, isn't everything - lest we forget, some of the biggest stars to come out of the show never actually won it; yes I'm talking about you, One Direction, JLS and Olly Murs!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment