Friday 22 November 2013

Mostly As...

I'm probably talking to the over 30s here, but do you remember doing those quizzes in various magazines (Smash Hits, Just Seventeen) when you were at secondary school?

You had to total up the number of As, Bs, etc and then it gave you a startlingly inaccurate answer as to your personality, how cool you were, and so on.

Well, now there's the online version, which my friends and I on Facebook have had great delight in taking part over the last week or so.

So far, I've discovered the following facts about myself:

I'm 100% stuck in the 1980s, due to my knowledge of song lyrics from that decade;

I'm 74% Country (as in countryside, not the music genre, although I am partial to a bit of Dolly Parton or Lady Antebellum);

I'm 67% Kettering;

I'm 65% Corby;

I'm only 36% posh - my lack of playing Polo and the fact I went to a Comprehensive school reduced my score apparently;

I'm 10% Northern (that puts me somewhere around Bournemouth - I'm actually 100% Northamptonshire!);

I'm 0% Essex;

I'm going to live to be 92 (here's hoping).

Other findings include the literary character I'm most like is Bella Swan from Twilight, the Canterbury Tales character I'm most like is The Knight, and the dog I'm most like is a Labrador Retriever.  Oh, and when I grow up, I'm going to be a Teacher.

Yes, I'm aware it's all nonsense, but it's kept us amused comparing results. 

The Kettering and Corby quizzes are actually very good, and must have been written by someone from the towns.  

If you've got the time or inclination, give them a go - here's the link: http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_corby_are_you (you can also link from here to the other quizzes).

I'm now waiting for someone to compose a 'How much time can you waste doing these quizzes' quiz - but I fear I may get 100% on that one!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment