Wednesday 23 May 2018

The Royal Wedding


I know by the time you read this you'll perhaps be fed up of talk about the Royal Wedding.

Truthfully, in the run up to the big day, I was getting a little fatigued with the speculation about the dress, whether or not Mr Markle would attend etc.

But then on the day itself, daughter and I sat transfixed, and watched the TV coverage from start to finish, commenting on the fabulous outfits, hats and cars.

Here are my main observations from the day:

·        Meghan's dress was beautiful, elegant and very Audrey Hepburn-esque.  In my opinion, right up there with the best wedding dresses we've seen on the Royal Family, which includes those worn by the Duchess of Cambridge and Lady Helen Taylor;
·        I'd prefer Prince Harry clean-shaven, but he and his brother both looked very smart in their uniforms - their Mother would have been very proud;
·        The Queen and Prince Philip are amazing.  Her Majesty looked lovely, and full marks to himself for walking unaided so soon after his hip op;
·        I liked the way Prince Charles welcomed Meghan's mother Doria into the Royal fold, making sure that she wasn't completely on her own;
·        It was good to see Fergie - she is after all the mother of two princesses, and it's only right she should be invited to such occasions;
·        Can I ask that George and Amal Clooney be invited to all events in the future?  They dazzled, brought a whole new level of celeb, and looked genuinely happy to be there;
·        Which brings me to my next point - Victoria Beckham please smile!  I hear you've got a great sense of humour and smile and laugh in private.  It would be lovely to see you do it in public too;
·        Members of the clergy, sermons should be short and to the point.  You've lost most people after about three minutes.  Please remember that Church pews are extremely uncomfortable, particularly if you're eight months' pregnant or over 90 years old, or just don't have sufficient cushioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment