Friday 14 February 2014

What, no Bargain Hunt? I'll watch curling then...

Now, I probably shouldn't admit this, but I will anyway.

I watch Bargain Hunt.

The Labrador puppy and I like to sit on the sofa and watch it together, while I'm eating my lunch.

He's already wolfed his down by this stage, then sits next to me watching my plate while I consume mine, hoping that I'll drop my cheese or fruit or something - he's not fussy.

Anyway, I digress.

Puppy and I settled ourselves down on Monday to watch Tim and Co - but, horror of horrors, it wasn't on.

Bargain Hunt had been replaced by the Winter Olympics.

Now I'm not a fan of sport - I grew up with a sports-mad Dad and brother and sport was everywhere at home, so I got fed up with it.

I don't usually watch it out of choice - unless it's tennis or maybe international matches in rugby or football, occasionally F1 - you get the picture.

But as it was on, I started watching it.

It was the curling I think.  The one with the stones they fling along the ice trying to hit a target.

Now, that looks like the only winter sport in which I would have a chance of partaking.

I've got a pair of stout black brogues and a Vileda supermop.

It was actually really good, and I found myself getting into it.

Pup wasn't too impressed though - they kept shouting instructions at each other, and he didn't like that.

It seems he prefers the more genteel Bargain Hunt crowd...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment