Wednesday 19 February 2014

'Wedding brawl started over pork pie'...

I've seen some strange stories in the press lately.

But my favourite had the following headline:

'Wedding brawl started over pork pie'

Yes, I kid you not, this was a story from The Telegraph on 17th February http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10643859/Wedding-brawl-started-over-pork-pie.html

To cut a long story short, a wedding reception in Bradford turned nasty when a pork pie was thrown.

The ensuing brawl involved 30 to 40 guests, and the bride's white wedding dress got ruined when someone spilled beer and WKD on it.

Apparently, all's now well and they can have a laugh about it. 

I'm not sure that's how I'd react had it been my wedding, but each to their own as they say.

Now, I like nothing better than a good pork pie, but I'd never get into a fight over one.

But this story also caused me to muse was the fight over the quality of the pork pie?

Was it one of those horrible pink ones, as opposed to the delicious Melton Mowbray variety?

Did a guest take umbrage at the pie on offer and decide to throw it instead of eat it?

I'm guessing that's not what The Telegraph intended when they published the story, but I was more interested about the manufacturer of said pie.

I'm a Dickinson & Morris purist when it comes to my Melton Mowbray pork pies. 

I can't imagine it was one of theirs involved in this story - theirs are too scrummy to be used as a missile...

No comments:

Post a Comment