Sunday 30 December 2012


Sorry, I’ve not written much over the Christmas period – not because I’ve been eating, drinking and enjoying myself too much, although I wish that was the case.  Oh no, I fell victim to the ‘Christmas Cold’.

You know the one – it sneaks up on you just before the season of goodwill and makes you feel grotty for the entire festive period.

I managed Christmas Eve at a friend’s house thanks to a couple of paracetamol, perhaps unwisely paired with a glass or two of red wine, and Christmas Day’s festivities were seen through a haze of Vick.

It’s not good having a cold anytime of year, but it’s particularly miserable at Christmas.  You want to look and feel your best – instead of which I gave Rudolph a run for his money in the red nose stakes.

We took the obligatory family photos for posterity; I wish I hadn’t bothered though as I looked older than my Mother who’s a sprightly 78!

Now New Year’s Eve is on the horizon, and I’m starting to recover – just in time to nurse the husband who’s contracted my cold!  Still, at least it’s not norovirus.  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment