Monday 10 December 2018

I'm A Celebrity 2018 - congrats King Harry!


Is it just me, or has 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here' been at its best this year?

I've previously only dipped in and out of the programme, but this time I was hooked from the start.

Yes, it wasn't quite the same having Holly instead of Ant, but she worked well with Dec and having a female perspective on the camp and the trials and tribulations I felt was a welcome addition.

In fact, the show seemed kinder all-round somehow.  There's been less drama, less tension, and the campmates gelled and actually cared for each other, which was lovely to see.

I know in some quarters people will think that this made it duller, but with all the hideousness that goes on in the world, and people being constantly bullied and trolled on social media, I found it a welcome relief to see that humans can just get on with each other.

I particularly liked the way they all looked after Anne Hegerty, who was very open about having Asperger's and struggling with some aspects of life.  This condition is under-diagnosed in women and girls, and hopefully her honesty will give encouragement to others who feel that they too are a bit different and sometimes misunderstood.

Harry Redknapp was a revelation - absolutely hilarious, probably unintentionally, completely devoted to his wife Sandra, but I'm still waiting to discover the full story of how he accidentally ran her over, was it in his 'peng ting' Range Rover?!

I knew Noel Edmonds would be good value, having watched him compete in 'Eight Go Rallying: The Road To Saigon' earlier in the year.  No, I couldn't believe he was nearly 70 either, obviously hanging out with Mr Blobby is the secret to eternal youth - who knew?

I have to say that I liked all of the campmates, and thought it was good how the different generations worked well together, were tolerant of each other and cared for the older contestants and those with special needs.

Perhaps society needs to become a bit more 'I'm a celeb' - but without the cockroaches and gross eating challenges, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment