Wednesday 5 September 2018

You cannot be serious!


Now I like to think of myself as a reasonably patient person - although my nearest and dearest may sometimes disagree.

But lately, as I get older, I feel that I'm told information that makes me want to shout, in a John McEnroe-type way, 'You cannot be serious!'.

As this is happening with startling regularity, I feel the need to share.

Firstly, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, absolutely everything that's gone on with Northamptonshire County Council, and continues to do so. 

The fact that funds were spent on purchasing a hospitality box at the Saints' Rugby ground was - raises eyebrows as far up forehead as physically possible - surprising, to say the least.

And why weren't we all invited to the B17 flypast at Grafton Underwood?  I like to see vintage aircraft as much as the next person.  I'm also very partial to cheese, and wonder what exactly was on the council's £250 cheese board?

Moving on, I was enjoying a quiet coffee outside a café when the chap at the table next to mine returned to his family to inform them that he'd ordered breakfast, but he was having to eat fried egg on toast as his preferred option of scrambled egg was unavailable because, and I quote, 'the lady who does the scrambled eggs isn't here today'.

Seriously, what?  How is that even possible?  It was a café, serving breakfasts, from a menu that clearly stated 'scrambled eggs', it did not say that 'scrambled eggs only available if Denise is here'!

Then I went to my Doctor's surgery and our usual receptionist wasn't there.  I successfully renewed prescriptions, but asked to book my annual asthma review and flu jab.

This was obviously a request too far for the replacement receptionist, as I was told that she didn't know how to do this and that I'd have to ring the main branch surgery.

Without being harsh, how can you be a Doctor's receptionist and not know how to book appointments?! 

So, what did I do?  Despite my exasperation, I simply replied 'OK, thanks', and thought I'll call back next week. I'm just hoping our usual receptionist returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment