Wednesday 17 February 2016

Bella's back!

Bella's home!  Possibly the best news we've heard so far this year.

The little Spaniel who was taken from outside a shop in Rothwell is now back where she belongs.

Her poor family have worked tirelessly campaigning to find her, with regular postings on social media.  The scenes of them being reunited made me cry tears of happiness, as I'm sure they did for you too.

The bond between a dog and its human family is a strong one, and the time they were apart must have been agonizing for both parties.

Thank goodness this story has a happy ending.  It also underlines the importance of microchipping your dog, which Bella's family had done, and which  becomes a legal requirement in England from April this year.

Talking of dogs, I've been watching 'Cats v Dogs, Which is Best?' with interest.

Although I don't think it's fair to make a comparison, as both have their merits.  I've never owned a cat as I'm allergic, but I can see the appeal of their independent natures.

However, I also appreciate the unconditional love of a dog, and the fact that they're always happy to see you.  Mine wags his tail so hard his whole body snakes from side to side.

Working from home my Lab is my constant companion.  He likes to lay on my feet while I'm at my desk - which is great on a cold day, but does mean I feel guilty getting up to make a cup of tea and try to shuffle out without disturbing him, which I haven't managed to achieve yet despite years of practice!

Much has been said about humans and their relationship with animals, but I shall leave you with the following interesting comment, one that I've heard many times before and have only just discovered was originally stated by Winston Churchill:

"A cat looks down upon a man, and a dog looks up to a man, but a pig will look a man in the eye and see his equal."

No comments:

Post a Comment