Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year! Review of 2014 as seen through my Northants Telegraph columns...

Happy New Year!  Before we embark on 2015, let's have a quick review of 2014 as seen through my columns.

In January, I told you about my New Year's resolution to join Twitter, and also imparted news of my battle of the wounded knee in Waitrose (since recovered).

In February, we saw the terrible flooding on Gainsborough Road and I asked when would it ever stop raining.  I also informed you about a pork pie fight at a wedding.

In March we had the Lego Movie - was it a work of genius with deeper meaning or a blatant advertising exercise?  I also admitted that I could no longer do my daughter's Maths homework - she was ten at the time.

My column appeared for the first time in print in April, and I talked about the missing Malaysia Airlines plane and receiving bad news by text message.  We also had Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's Conscious Uncoupling, which sounded to me like manoeuvring a caravan.

In May I told you about partaking in the fabulous Stilton Run to raise money for the Air Ambulance, and in June the Parental Olympics, where I won a medal for my javelin throwing skills.

I wrote about Brookfield in July, and also discussed that you're only as old as you feel. 

In August Great British Bake Off started - I worried about Mary Berry's teeth on the sturdier baked goods she taste tests, and mused if Paul Hollywood's eyes were real.  I also predicted the winner, Nancy.

September saw a vacuum cleaner buying frenzy in which I had no intention of partaking, and in October we had the arrival of Chalky Jnr (renamed Snowy) on the Brookfield scene.

In November, I imparted the worrying news about a global chocolate crisis and admitted to an addiction to Lebkuchen, and in December shared the good news about Brookfield and how we now need to get protected status for it.

I wonder what 2015 will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment